January 2018 Minutes

magellan-sea-logo copyright

 

The Magellan Committee Meeting was held on Jan 7th, 2018

At the Magellan Welcome Center.
(This was the first Meeting of 2018)

=====

The Following Board Members were present:

Chair – Lannorra Sion
Vice Chair – Daniel Carrigan
Secretary – Orb Nim
Treasurer – Drew Hunter
Promotions/Marketing – Jewel Hunter
Dawg Carrigan

Our Chair, Lannorra called the Meeting to order at 1:00pm iwt.

=====

First Order of Business:
Reviewing and accepting last meetings Minutes
Lannorra called for a motion to accept December’s minutes. Drew so moved and Jewel seconded. Unanimous yes vote. Minutes accepted.

Drew presented the Board with his Treasurer’s Report
Lannorra called for a motion to accept the Treasure’s report. Jewel motioned to accept the report, Orb seconded.
The report was accepted by Unanimous Vote.

Committee Reports:
Jewel gave an update on the current Magellan Hunt.
It was noted that some committee positions are still open. (Sailing Director, Social Director and Communications)

Old Business:
There was discussion about the Boat Rally which will be placed on hold.
There were many new sim placements.

New Business:
Placement of the new location for the Magellan Sea Meeting Building has been secured. Taika and Allod have agreed to host the center on their sim, Finlaggen.
Discussion about Placement Turnover Folders to ease the transition between previous and next committee officers.
Newsletter has been put on back shelf.

As there was no other business to report
Lannorra called for a motion to Adjourn
Drew made a motion to adjurn, Orb seconded the motion.
By Unanimous vote the meeting was closed at 1:56 pm iwt

 

Minutes were recorded and written by Orb Nim, Secretary.

 

Advertisements

December Minutes

magellan-sea-logo copyright

*********************************************
(This minute report was written by Drew and given to Orb
for her presentation to the new board as her first minutes in Jan)

Congratulations Orb. Its not really that much work. Drew
******************************************

 

The Annual Magellan Wide Meeting was held on Dec 3, 2017
At the Magellan Welcome Center.
(This was the Last Meeting of 2017)

=====

The Following Board Members were present (2017 Board):
Scott Carpaccio – Chair
Lannorra Sion – Vice Chair
Drew Hunter – Secretary
Daniel Carrigan – Treasurer
Calnia Westland – Promotions
Dawg Carrigan – Special Events/Social Director

Taika Wirsing was present as Guest Speaker
The potential new incoming board members were also present

Taika addressed the Board and gave us a brief history of Magellan
Scott next took the floor and gave us his farewell thoughts.
Lannorra next said a few worlds.

As Scott’s Last official act of 2017 he introduced us to our new 2018 President and Chair.
Lannorra Sion

The Magellan wide vote for members having been tallied
The roster of the New Officers of the Board was handed out.
Each Officer was asked if he/she would agree to continue serving
in the new position.

Each name was called and all returning and new members agreed to serve.

============================
2018 Magellan Board Members and Committee Chairs

Chair – Lannorra Sion
Vice Chair – Daniel Carrigan
Secretary – Orb Nim
Treasurer – Drew Hunter
Promotions/Marketing – Jewel Hunter
Communications Director – Open (Lannorra Sion will continue to contribute blogs)
Sailing Director – Open
Social Director – Open
Project Consultant – Scott Carpaccio

================================

Our New Chair Lannorra called the Meeting to order at 12:39pm iwt.

================================

First Order of Business:
Reviewing and accepting last meetings Minutes
The Chair (Lannorra) called for a motion to accept last month’s minutes
Unanimous yes vote. Minutes accepted.

Daniel presented the Board with his Last Treasure’s Report
The Chair called for a motion to accept the Treasure’s report
The report was accepted by Unanimous Vote.

Committee Reports:
No Committee reports so on to Old Business

Old Business:
No Old Business os on to New Business

New Business:
No New Business this Meeting

As there was no other business to report
the Chair called for a motion to Adjourn.
By Unanimous vote the meeting was closed at 12:56 pm iwt

 

Minutes were recorded and written by Drew Hunter, Secretary.